What is this blog about?

This blog is the beginning of my journey through grief and loss and how God is moving all the while. I lost my husband and best friend, Eric to ALS on April 21, 2010. His grace is sufficient for me, has carried me through the fiercest storms and will continue to carry me until I meet Him face to face. I couldn't live another day without his Presence in my life. This blog will be a journal of my struggles and the ways He will show himself to me. I say this without even making my first entry, because I am confident He will be with me all the while. The title of this blog was inspired by a song I heard last week called "Moving all the While" by Sidewalk Prophets. It was exactly what I needed to be reminded of at that time. That is one small example of what I mean about God showing himself to me. I will use my own words, scripture from the most important book on this earth that is without error- The Bible, quotes from other helpful books I am reading, songs, people, circumstances and other ways God speaks to me. Please use the comment section on the blog as it encourages me to keep writing.

Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Speaking at Grand Haven Christian School Chapel today


Many of you know I have been anxious about speaking at a Chapel Service at Grand Haven Christian School this week and many of you have been praying.  I really felt all of your prayers because my nerves were calm when I arrived at the school today at 7:45a.m.  I have been preparing some videos to share with them to help tell my story of how God amazed me.  The school's theme this year is Be Amazed by God and their theme verse is Psalm 9:1-2 which I plan to memorize:
I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart;

I will tell of all your wonders.
I will be glad and rejoice in you;
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.

I was blessed to be able to share with these kids today ages K-8th and I pray that my talk will help them remember who their Strength and Refuge is in the tough times. 

John 16:33says "I have told you these things, so that you may have peace.  In this world you WILL have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world."  It doesn't say could have trouble, may have trouble, it says will. In Luke, it says Satan wants to sift us like wheat.  Isn't it reassuring to know that nothing comes into our life without going through the filter of God's hand?  We serve a God who allows suffering but is with us through that suffering.  I will chose to love Him and trust Him with my whole life no matter what.  That is what this video is about.  It is a short recap of my life since Eric was diagnosed with ALS until the day of his funeral.  (Don't forget to mute the jukebox at the top before you view videos)
No Matter What video

I also wanted to share how God has been amazing me by speaking to me through his creation and music so I created this next video with pictures I have taken mostly of the sky since Eric passed away. He lights up the sky to show me that He is with me. 
Light up the sky video

The last video is a clip my Dad edited from the burial at Fort Custer when God really spoke to me.  I wrote more about this in a previous blog entry on both of our blogs because it really gave me an unspeakable peace. 
In Christ Alone video

Part of me is relieved that I have made it through today and I didn't die doing it.  (that is the advice my BSF leader gave me as a goal to get through it) and part of me wonders what God has in store for me next.  For now, I plan to take it easy this weekend with my kids. 
Have a great week! 
Lori

3 comments:

  1. Lori, So glad yesterday went well and that you allowed God to work through you and your circumstances! Can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Lori! So glad God gave you the strength to do this. Thanks for sharing it here, too! You amaze me! Thanks for sharing how God is working!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you again for coming to share your heart at our school. Many have talked about your story and the power of God working through you. I know what you have shared will be discussed many times over this year as we continue to grow in Christ through the good and bad times.

    ReplyDelete