What is this blog about?

This blog is the beginning of my journey through grief and loss and how God is moving all the while. I lost my husband and best friend, Eric to ALS on April 21, 2010. His grace is sufficient for me, has carried me through the fiercest storms and will continue to carry me until I meet Him face to face. I couldn't live another day without his Presence in my life. This blog will be a journal of my struggles and the ways He will show himself to me. I say this without even making my first entry, because I am confident He will be with me all the while. The title of this blog was inspired by a song I heard last week called "Moving all the While" by Sidewalk Prophets. It was exactly what I needed to be reminded of at that time. That is one small example of what I mean about God showing himself to me. I will use my own words, scripture from the most important book on this earth that is without error- The Bible, quotes from other helpful books I am reading, songs, people, circumstances and other ways God speaks to me. Please use the comment section on the blog as it encourages me to keep writing.

Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Six months ago today, we lost a great man who went to be with the Lord






Today, it will have been six months since Eric passed away.  I have been thinking about this a lot this week.  Part of me feels like I can't believe it's been that long already and part of me feels like it's been forever since I gave Eric a hug and told him I love him.  I couldn't sleep last night so I got up and prayed for a while and went back to bed.  I woke up this morning at 7:45 to the neighbor girl who rides the bus with us knocking and then walking in the house saying "hellooooo?"  I lept out of bed with my heart beating and ran downstairs to get the kids up and found that Zach was gone.  Yep, off to school... got up, showered, breakfast and off to the bus stop without even a hug from mom.  That boy never ceases to amaze me.  Last time I did this, I think Zach was in 4th grade.  I woke up after the bus came and went to get Zach up and he was gone.  I scrambled to get dressed and make his lunch and ran to school.  I found him in the hallway and he says "Hey mom" like any other day.  I gave him his lunch and he said I already made one.  I told him to wake me next time to at least say good bye.  He obviously forgot that conversation years ago this morning.  I just asked him why he didn't wake me and he said "you need your sleep".  Who's kid is this anyway?  Oh yes, his promptness and morning capabilites come from Eric.  Maddie reflects Eric every day too.  I am surrounded by reminders and pieces of Eric everyday in my home.  I don't mind it, I actually love being reminded of Eric and remembering who he was and what legacy he has left for us. 
This morning on my way to workout, the sun shone so brightly and was hitting the autumn leaves so beautfully in rays through the clouds.  I was thinking of how often God reminds me of his glory and constant presence by things like this.  Then the song Light up the sky came on the radio by the Afters.  God is so good!! Some of the lyrics are:
You light, light, light up the sky

You light up the sky to show me that you are with me
And I, I, I can't deny
No I can't deny that you and right here with me
You've opened my eyes
So I can see you all around me
You light, light, light up the sky
You light up the sky to show me that you are with me
Here's a video of the song too (don't forget to mute the jukebox at the top)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X_E2t7r1pY&feature=related

I'm heading up to camp this weekend with Zach's youth group and Grandma Fox is staying with Maddie.  I am looking forward to spending time with our youth group and fooling my body into thinking it is younger than it is.  I am already planning my nap for Sunday afternoon when we get back. 
Be blessed this week!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment