What is this blog about?

This blog is the beginning of my journey through grief and loss and how God is moving all the while. I lost my husband and best friend, Eric to ALS on April 21, 2010. His grace is sufficient for me, has carried me through the fiercest storms and will continue to carry me until I meet Him face to face. I couldn't live another day without his Presence in my life. This blog will be a journal of my struggles and the ways He will show himself to me. I say this without even making my first entry, because I am confident He will be with me all the while. The title of this blog was inspired by a song I heard last week called "Moving all the While" by Sidewalk Prophets. It was exactly what I needed to be reminded of at that time. That is one small example of what I mean about God showing himself to me. I will use my own words, scripture from the most important book on this earth that is without error- The Bible, quotes from other helpful books I am reading, songs, people, circumstances and other ways God speaks to me. Please use the comment section on the blog as it encourages me to keep writing.

Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Grace is sufficient for you....

Two days after the funeral of a good friend, I read it again in my devotional Streams in the Desert:  "My Grace is sufficient for you  2 Corinthians 12:9."  When God wants me to know something, it comes in repetition.  Sometimes I am can't even believe the context which I hear things over and over again in a given week and then I remember, It's God.  He will do whatever it takes to help me get what He wants me to know.  This devotional was a story from H.W. Webb Peploe about what God showed him about this verse after they buried their young child.  He tried to pray that God would make his grace sufficient for him.  He heard God say to him.  "How dare you ask me for something that is?  I cannot make My grace any more sufficient than I have already made it.  Get up and believe it, and you will find it to be true in your life."  Wow, the Bible is God's promise to us.  How often do we believe that it may not apply to us or a certain time in our life?  He goes on to pass on this lesson to others.  "Never change God's facts into hopes or prayers but simply accept them as realities, and you will find them to be powerful as you believe them."   This was very encouraging to me.  Remember next time you hear this verse to underline the is.  It's not will be or may be, IT IS! 

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning Lori! Thank you for sharing your walk through grief and loss. It is some times easier to rush through grief, you seem to have heard God say "Do not be afraid I will uphold you with my righteous right hand" Any loss is hard I hope to learn and walk along with you as you journey and point us to God who fills ALL empty places in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Thank you for sharing it with us. It was a great reminder. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How precious God's Word is. Only God, by His Spirit, can make a word like "is" pop off the page in a manner that gives fresh power and perspective for the moment. God LOVES you, Lori. He keeps showing up, keeps whispering to you in a number of ways that I can see keeps you persevering. I will always look at that verse and remember this message you shared.

    Keep looking intently into God's perfect law that brings freedom (James 1), and sharing it with those of us who are so blessed by it.

    Love you, Trish

    ReplyDelete