What is this blog about?

This blog is the beginning of my journey through grief and loss and how God is moving all the while. I lost my husband and best friend, Eric to ALS on April 21, 2010. His grace is sufficient for me, has carried me through the fiercest storms and will continue to carry me until I meet Him face to face. I couldn't live another day without his Presence in my life. This blog will be a journal of my struggles and the ways He will show himself to me. I say this without even making my first entry, because I am confident He will be with me all the while. The title of this blog was inspired by a song I heard last week called "Moving all the While" by Sidewalk Prophets. It was exactly what I needed to be reminded of at that time. That is one small example of what I mean about God showing himself to me. I will use my own words, scripture from the most important book on this earth that is without error- The Bible, quotes from other helpful books I am reading, songs, people, circumstances and other ways God speaks to me. Please use the comment section on the blog as it encourages me to keep writing.

Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Moving all the while

Moving All the While - lyrics by Sidewalk Prophets


In the morning as I wake, I pray my eyes do see.  On this narrow road I walk, You have made a path for me. CHORUS (Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! You were moving all the while) In sickness and in doubt, or questions that may raise, You claimed victory on the cross and You filled my lungs with praise. CHORUS On a dark and silent night, above Your beauty shines. And Your peace shall fill the earth, by Your love we are refined. CHORUS Through all the bitter storms, whatever comes our way, You will guide this vessel home, to live for all my days. CHORUS (2x) You were moving all the while!

This song is all I need to know right now.  I am struggling with sleep and know I need to start writing again.  It is about 3:30 a.m.  now and I loaded this song up in Itunes and hit the repeat button.  I think I am on the 20th time through now.  I just need to be reminded tonight and I want the words to fill my mind when I do fall asleep.  It is such a simple song, but it is my prayer as I lay down and when I rise to remember to see that God is moving all the while until He guides my vessel home to be with Him forever.  I really get excited on the Hallelujah's, especially at the end when the band belts it out.  I have not had my full voice for about a week now because I have been sick, but I still belt it out with a crackle in my voice because He fills my lungs with praise!
I am a newly widowed woman with two beautiful children and a void in my heart of the man I have known and loved half my life.  I know that the only one who can fill this void is God and his promises for my life.  If you want to read more about my journey up until this point, you can check out our blog at http://www.ericjfox.blogspot.com/ .  Writing has helped me on the journey with Eric through a debilitating disease called ALS.  I want to start writing again as I embark on my new beginning and travel down a new path in life that I have not tread before.  I am both scared to death and excited to see what God has in store for me.

2 comments:

  1. You bless me Lori, with your strengh and words. I feel your hurts and my complaints seem ridiculus! I am sure someone has asked you before...but have you considered writing a book. You write so well. I did pray for you this morning my friend and I will continue to pray that our God will pour His many blessing upon you and your children the rest of your days. We love you Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad God gave me a "restless" night so that I saw your FB entry and could pray right then! Selfishly, I'm glad you are writing again ;)! I pray it will help you on your journey! I know God will use you to speak to others too!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete