What is this blog about?

This blog is the beginning of my journey through grief and loss and how God is moving all the while. I lost my husband and best friend, Eric to ALS on April 21, 2010. His grace is sufficient for me, has carried me through the fiercest storms and will continue to carry me until I meet Him face to face. I couldn't live another day without his Presence in my life. This blog will be a journal of my struggles and the ways He will show himself to me. I say this without even making my first entry, because I am confident He will be with me all the while. The title of this blog was inspired by a song I heard last week called "Moving all the While" by Sidewalk Prophets. It was exactly what I needed to be reminded of at that time. That is one small example of what I mean about God showing himself to me. I will use my own words, scripture from the most important book on this earth that is without error- The Bible, quotes from other helpful books I am reading, songs, people, circumstances and other ways God speaks to me. Please use the comment section on the blog as it encourages me to keep writing.

Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Calling back

I read the following in my devotional "Streams in the Desert" on December 19th and it has stuck with me so I wanted to share it to encourage any of you who are in the storm right now:
"Life is a steep climb, and it is always encouraging to have those ahead of us "call back" and cheerfully summon us to higher ground.  We all climb together, so we should help one another.  The mountain climbing of life is serious, but glorious business; it takes strength and steadiness to reach the summit.  And as our view becomes better as we gain altitude, and as we discover things of importance, we should "call back" our encouragement to others. 

If you have gone a little way ahead of me, call back-
It will cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track;
And if, perhaps, Faith's light is dim, because the oil is low,
Your call will guide my lagging course as wearily I go.
Call back, and tell me that He went with you into the storm;
Call back, and say He kept you when the forest's roots were torn;
That, when the heavens thunder and the earthquake shook the hill,
He bore you up and held you where the lofty air was still,
O friend, call back and tell me for I cannot see your face;
They say it glows with triumph, and your feet spring in the race;
But there are mists between us and my spirit eyes are dim,
And I cannot see the glory, though I long for word of Him.
But if you say He heard you when your prayer was but a cry,
And if you'll say He saw you through the night's sin-darkened sky-
If you have gone a little way ahead, O friend, call back-
It will cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track.
                                                                                           -selected"

I want to call back to those of you in the storm who can not see God's glory to tell you He is with you.  He is Immanuel - God with us.  He is the One who will guide you through the storm.  He will will walk beside you along life's path if you ask Him to be your guide.  He will bring you peace from the depths when you felt like there was none.  He has given me so much, when I had nothing in me.  My hope comes from God, my refuge and strength, my ever present help, the perfector of my faith.  May you cling to the Rock, our Savior this Christmas.
Blessings,
Lori

Psalm 62:5-6

 Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him.
 Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

2 comments:

  1. http://booksinnorthport.blogspot.com/2010/11/book-review-memory-chalet.html

    I thought you might like to check out the above-mentioned book, though I have not read it (my own issues are different). However, I can affirm the Truth of what you have written! Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori-

    I found your blog when I was searching for the poem about Calling Back from Streams in the Desert.

    I am praying for you tonight, dear Lori. Praying that God will continue to be your comfort and strength. I am praying that He will give you joy in the midst of your sorrow.

    As a mother that has suffered the death of my youngest child over 2 years ago, I can testify that God is faithful! Keep clinging to Him.

    Love in Christ,
    Marsha Drews
    www.othersuchhappenings.com

    ReplyDelete